The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an EU regulation aimed at helping to strengthen data protection for EU citizens and residents both within the EU and the wider world.
2. Collection and Use of Information
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself.
If, however, you would like to subscribe to our mailing lists, publish blog posts and comments, participate in surveys, or receive our products, you will be asked to provide certain information such as your names and contact details, and this data will be stored.
3. How do we use your Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries, requests and comments.
- To provide technical support for our online products.
- To inform you of news, events, sales and courses.
- To send you newsletters and information about products, services, promotions and administrative messages relating to our business.
- If you use our online services to purchase or send gifts, we use the contact information (e.g. email addresses) that you provide us with to send links or the gift to your requested recipients and provide other communications relating to those sorts of transactions.
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- To improve the usability of our Website.
- To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- To prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including copyright infringement) on our online services.
4. Personal Data and Your rights under the GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you. You do not have to pay a fee for a copy of your information unless your request is unfounded, respective or excessive, in which case we will charge a reasonable amount in the circumstances. We will let you know of any charges before completing your request. We aim to respond to you within 1 (one) month of receiving your request unless it is particularly complicated or you have made several requests, in which case we aim to respond within 3 (three) months.
- The right to request a correction of any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data to be erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data. You can ask for your data to be erased where it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed; we are processing your data based on your consent, and you withdraw that consent; you object to the processing and we do not have an overriding legitimate interest for continuing; your data has been unlawfully processed; your data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation; the data was processed to offer information society services to a child. There are some exceptions to this right. If one of these applies, we do not have to delete the data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right to request that the data controller (us) provides the data subject (you) with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability). (This only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case, the data controller processes the data by automated means).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction to be placed on the further processing.
What are cookies?
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit, for example, they ensure items are placed into your Shopping Basket and orders are processed correctly or they might record how long you spend on each page or what links you click.
If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. Please remember cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
6. Visitors to our Website
When someone visits our website we use a third-party service, Google Analytics. They gather anonymous standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns, for example, data of how people are using our site and then provide us with the visitor statistics, details of page views etc.
7. Publishing a Blog Post or a Comment
Should you choose to add a blog post or a comment to our website, the name and email address you enter and your content will be saved to our website’s database, along with your IP address and the time and date that you submitted the content. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to our website and is not passed on to any of the third party data processors. Only your name from your personal data will be shown on the public-facing website although if the supplied email address is linked to a Gravatar account, your Gravatar photo may also be displayed.
Your content and its associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either:
- Remove the comment or
- Remove the blog post.
Should you wish to have the blog post or the comment and its associated personal data deleted, please email us using the email address that you commented with.
If you are under 13 years of age (or under 16 in the European Union), you cannot post any content on our website and must leave this website now.
8. Privacy of personal Information associated with Email Newsletter
When you sign up for an email newsletter, we use a third party provider, Aweber.com to deliver our news and updates. Aweber gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our emails.
Your email address, name and any other information you provide us with when subscribing to our email newsletters, are held in strict confidence. Your information is only kept so that we can email you. We do not sell or share your information with anyone else.
If you have subscribed to our mailing list and want to unsubscribe, you can do it at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email. Alternatively, you can email us with such a request at any time.
9. Privacy of personal Information associated with Payments
We do not handle any payments ourselves and therefore do not collect nor store any payment private information like credit or debit card numbers, payment addresses or bank account details of our customers.
To accept payments, we use third party online secure payments processors – 2Checkout and PayPal. Those companies comply with GDPR and have their own privacy policies you may check to learn how they protect your personal information.
10. Privacy of personal Information of People who Email us
We keep our communication with people who contact us secure.
You should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit. We also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software.
Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
11. Privacy of personal Information of our Surveys Participants
12. Security of Your Personal Information that is stored by us
We take security of your personal data very seriously and endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
We do not sell your information to any third-party providers.
We may use third party services to run our business. When carefully choosing a third party service that may handle personal information we ensure that such data processors maintain the security of any personal data and have their GDPR policies in place. In general, the third-party providers will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
We cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security that is outside of our control.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under age 13. If you are under age 13, do not share personal information with us and leave this website now.
In the European Union, the age limitation is 16. Thus, if this jurisdiction applies to you, we will not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under age 16.
14. Links to Other Websites
When you click on a link on this website that takes you to a website operated by another company, you will be subject to that company’s privacy practices.
15. Complaints, Enforcement, Dispute Resolution, and Verification
Please contact us with any questions or concerns related to this Privacy Statement. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints or disputes regarding personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
When we receive a complaint from a person we make up a file containing the details of the complaint. This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint. We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide.
For complaints that have not been satisfactorily addressed, you may use the dispute resolution procedures established by the data protection authorities related to your country.
16. Contact Details
We act as a data controller of this website and to exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, you may contact us by email at:
info (at) art-fame.com
17. Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach.
18. Policy Updates
We may update this Policy and you should check this page from time to time to stay up-to-date with any changes.